Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Revell 1968 Dodge Charger R/T

So I figured I would take a break from gunpla and do something a bit different. I finally decided i'd pick up a car kit. Picked up a Revell '68 Dodge Charger R/T. I couldn't resist. So here it is, I will be making this into the Street Legal version since its a 2 in 1 kit. I do like that they give the option though and all the decals for both versions. Very nice looking kit from the looks of the box.


Here is an image of the Charger's Chassis. The mold seems great, very clean crisp lines. There is very little clean up involved as well. Revell has done a great job recreating the look of the Charger!

I've decided to go with a white top on this kit. Looks great after some masking in my opinion. This is turning out to be a lot of fun, and very different from the Gundam kits I have done in the past.

So I've Decided to do the whole spoon painting thing so that I can test the look of the colors i'm using. I should have done this a long long time ago. I primed the different spoons and have then painted them with Flat Red, Clear Red on Silver Leaf and gloss!

I wanted to do the gloss red at first... but taking time to see the different colors The clear red on the silver leaf looks so much better. So Here we go! Masked off the top of the car using Tamiya Masking tape. Fantastic product for sure!
Painted the Tamiya Chrome Silver over the entire kit! This is looking great in my opinion. No bleeding through the tape at all.
 
 So i'm not sure what the heck happened but after spraying the second coat... half the kit wrinkled up. I did a light coat a few days after and idk what happened but yeah i had to sand down the kit. I didn't want to deal with all the layers again so I painted the kit Metallic blue. I'm not happy with having to change the color of the paint, but until I can find out what is going on with my paints, I will stick with simple metallic colors.

So the interior and the rest of the colors have gone on great. The kit looks fantastic, the engine was a lot of fun to paint, so much detail. The problem is though is the instructions aren't as clear as the Gundam kits so it was a little harder to get things into place. Bandai really does spoil their customers with how detail the manuals are.

So just a bit more work and the Kit will be finished. Hopefully will get that done for my next update. Any comments and critiques are very welcome! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment