This was the very first model kit that I hand painted. As you can see, this effect wasn't something possible with an airbrush. And since I hand painted the effect, I just decided to hand paint the entire kit. The original colors for the zaku were blue and green so I decided that the clear gloss for the effect was going to be blue and green as well. This was a lot of fun to paint. Although it was a lot of work as well. I used Tamiya paints to achieve the desired effect. I painted a gloss black for the base coat and used Silver and White to achieve the marble look. And then for color added the Blue and Green. This is definitely an effect that I would love to try again further down the road.